This is another simple, quick but filling side dish the whole family will enjoy! We love it reheated for lunch or serve with scrambled eggs for breakfast the next morning. These roasted sweet potatoes with onions and peppers are affordable, practical for any family, and of course tasty!
I can purchase organic sweet potatoes at my local store very inexpensively at $4 for three pounds. That can easily be made into more than one side dish depending on your family size. You can even add more vegetables to this to stretch your ingredients! For practicality, I recommend buying the frozen peppers and onion bags and stashing them in your freezer for times like this. It makes seasoning any meal SUPER easy, adding flavoring vegetables quickly with little mess. Once you cut your potatoes, add your frozen peppers and onions, all that’s left is to coat in your preferred oil, mince some garlic over the top, and season with salt and pepper. That’s it! Pop in your preheated oven and you’re on your way to dinner being served. (I like to add a sprinkle of paprika now and then too.)
Even if your kids don’t love pepper and onions, I serve it to them sans the peppers and onions (more for hubby and me) and they love the flavor it gives. Let me know if you try it! Checkout my Roasted Bacon Broccoli recipe for another simple and delicious side dish!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Onions and Peppers
- baking pan
- cutting board and knife
- garlic press
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes cubed
- 8 oz frozen onion and peppers Fresh is great, but most stores sell precut onions and peppers bags in the frozen vegetable aisle-game changer!
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil or avocado oil don't be afraid drizzle to your hearts content
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash sweet potatoes
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes
- Place them on a baking sheet pan
- Sprinkle frozen onions and peppers onto sweet potatoes (as much as you like!)
- Using your garlic press, mince two cloves over the sweet potatoes and pepper and onions
- salt and pepper
- Drizzle olive oil or avocado oil over vegetables
- Toss all ingredients to coat evenly with the oil
- Place in 400° oven for 45 minutes or until soft and slightly crispy
- Serve and enjoy!