If you haven’t heard, by reading my Homemade Kefir recipe, we love kefir here at Revival Acres! Kefir is the forgotten probiotic of the past that has SO many benefits and uses. Each part (yes, there are more than one) can be used for various nutritional gains in your kitchen and homestead. Learn how to make homemade yogurt using kefir by separating out the whey- eat the tangy, delicious yogurt that’s left behind. And even better, it is kid approved! Check back next week for how to use the whey on your homestead.
Homemade Yogurt using Kefir
- mesh strainer
- baking spatula
- cheese cloth or coffee filter
- large bowl(s)
- mason jar
- ½ gallon homemade kefir organic, grass-fed
Making Kefir Yogurt
- Prepare a large kitchen colander by laying in cheese cloth or large coffee filters inside to cover the holes, enough to contain your kefir so it can strain out the whey. ** Place colander over large bowl so it can rest on top of it.
- Carefully pour fermented kefir into your prepared strainer.
- Cover strainer with cheese cloth and place in fridge 4+ hours for whey to strain out.
Serve Kefir Yogurt
- Once the whey has strained, gently remove colander from bowl
- Carefully scrape kefir yogurt into bowl or container
- Spoon kefir yogurt into bowls or teacups
- Serve kefir with honey and granola or fresh berries. ***